Monday, October 29, 2012

Ink print

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
I think my overall balance was pretty good. I had an even amount of ink and background. The movement was pretty good except my lines got messed up a little bit. The elephant blended with the tree but overall it was pretty good. 
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
        I added texture by putting lines on the elephants body to make it look like its skin. I also added texture in the tree to show the trunk so it didn't look like a line. The elephants trunk had lines in it to show its texture too. Texture is important because it makes the effect of the elephant skin. It helped make the picture seem more realistic and not flat.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
        I used postive and negative space by making the sky the paper color and the actual elephant and tree the ink. This will help define my animal and make it have an equal amount of ink and paper. If I did it the other way around, it would look boring and wouldn't be as defined.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
        The craftsmanship was okay overall. Some of the lines got uneven. The ink at one point would go over a spot I did not want to have ink. The ink smudged a bit. I think that the lines should have been deeper in order to avoid these problems.

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
         I was able to show a foreground and background and a little bit of the middle ground. The paper at the top is obviously my background. The middle ground is supposed to be where the tree branch is but its kind of hard to see with all the ink. My foreground is obviously at the bottom wheret the elephants body ends.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
        I think printmaking was fun overall. The biggest obstacles would be carving the lines in the molding and rubbing the ink on. It was challenging to roll the ink on because I knew I only had a few chances to do it right so I couldn't mess up.It was also bad if you accidentally cut somewhere you didn't want to be cut because you can't fix it. Advantages were that you could add lines whenever you need to in case the ink messed up somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment